Today the world has started understanding the value of Traditional many forms of Vinegar. Vinegars can be made from many different foods that add their own tastes to the final products, but additional ingredients, such as herbs, spices, or fruits, can be added for further flavor enhancement. Some of the popular forms of Vinegar are White Vinegar, Apple Cider Vinegar, Wine Vinegar, Balsamic Vinegar, Rice Vinegar, Malt Vinegar, Cane Vinegar, Beer Vinegar, Coconut Vinegar, Raisin Vinegar and many more.
Each of these have different uses and benefits for cooking, drinking and for overaall health of human body. One of the Vinegar that has become popular in the last few years in India is Apple Cider Vinegar. This Vinegar has lot of properties that can help in making one healthy. So we are showing here the way the benefits of the Vinegar can be expanded. We will give a simple method of preparing all the ingredients at home.
Making Apple cider vinegar at Home
Time for preparation : 10 minutes
Final Product : Summers (3-4 weeks), Winters (3-8 weeks)
- 3 medium sized apples (Wash and Cut into medium size and remove the stem and seeds, peel will remain. You may also use leftover fresh peels of apple too)
- 4 tsp raw sugar (Muscovado/ Khand/ unrefined Brown Sugar)
- Filtered water mix it with the Raw sugar.
- A Glass Jar with wide mouth (cleaned and sterilized)
- Cheesecloth (or close netted cloth)
- A thin rope or Large Band
- Put the apples and peels into the Glass Jar
- Pour the Sugar syrup(filter water and raw sugar)over the apples in the jar. Make sure that the apples are covered in the syrup. So even if the Syrup is less, you can add more water
- Cover the jar with a cheesecloth and secure it with a band or rope.
- Keep the Jar with all contents in a warm, dark place for 2-3 weeks.
- Strain out the liquid into a clean vessel
- Discard the apple pieces.
- Pour the liquid to the same jar and cover it again with the cheesecloth and secure it with the rope.
- Place the jar into the same dark warm place and let it be there for 2-3 more weeks. Stir the content with a plastic or wooden spoon ever 3-4 days.
- After the first 4 weeks, taste the Vinegar. The moment it reaches the acidity you can handle or love, pour the content into a bottle and you are ready with the Vinegar.
So we have the Vinegar ready, now we begin the process of making a Detox and Cleansing Mix
For Daily Drinking Purposes
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ inch size of Ginger
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Boil the water with Ginger like you make tea. Strain the water.
- Add the Lime Juice
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar
You can have it twice everyday
For Long term use Detox and Cleansing Mix
200 ml of Apple cider vinegar
40 gm of garlic cloves
50 gm of Lemon cut into 4 pieces
40 gms of Ginger cut into small pieces
50 gms of Honey
Put all the ingredients in a Glass Bottle.
Let it remain in the Apple Cider Vinegar for a week warm, dark place. Now it is ready for Consumption.
Boil 1 ½ cups of water. Add 2 teaspoon of Detox and Cleansing Mix. And you can have it Twice daily.
For reducing the headache and Sinus problems add 2 piece of clove and 4 black pepper while boiling water and then add 2 teaspoon of Detox and Cleansing Mix.
- Helps in sugar metabolism.
- Best for diabetics to control fasting sugar.
- Aids digestion
- Relieves acidity and gastric distress.
- Resolves Acid Reflux and helps with constipation.
- Helps regulate blood pressure.
- Helps diminish premature calcification of the arteries.
- Assists in blood circulation.
- Reducing bad cholesterol.
- Assists in preventing circulatory problems.
- Best home remedy for treating and preventing arterial blockages.
- Reducing excess sodium from the body.
- Increases metabolism for weight loss.
- Eases joint and general body stiffness.
- Treatment for all types of arthritic Pain.
- Eases osteoporosis.
- Improves muscle cramps.
- Treatment for gout – dissolves uric acid in joints.
- Helps in dissolving crystals that form Kidney or Gall Stones
- Helps in removing Acne, sunburns
- Helps in resolving Sore Throats
- Heal the insect bites and stings.
One thought on “Detox and Cleansing Mix”
Have been reading about the benefits of apple cider vinegar very often. Thanks for recipe and details for the same.